[TC] A Theme of Ages [TC] A Theme of Ages

At first, I hated it.

It's very definitely "experimental" music. The 7:00 transition made me legitimately facepalm -- just when it finally picked a melody and got moving, it hangs itself? Until I realized this is as much story as melody.

The struggle of something to express itself? An idea shaped, reshaped, burned, buried, forgotten, rediscovered, and remade anew? I don't really know, but it makes me feel like I'm nine years old again, when I was playing with tape recorders, speakers, wires, and microphones and discovering a little truth about the 'magic'.

I listened all the way through, no mean feat at 3am on a workday, and now think it's brilliant. Even if not the sort of melody one puts on repeat to get them through the day.

-Theme Of Skyworld- -Theme Of Skyworld-

You definitely have put a ton of work into this one. The melody is very intricate with lots of interesting shifts. It reminds me of that ancient DOS game Skyroads.

-Dance-Off- -Dance-Off-

That's the longest I've heard you noodle around before turning something into Race Around the World again.

-Geometrical Dominator- -Geometrical Dominator-

Starts well, turns into Race Around The World again around 0:40.

-FlyBoy&GabberGirl- -FlyBoy&GabberGirl-

Another rousing rendition of Race Around the World.

Crimson Rush Crimson Rush

This would be good for a lava-and-ice stage. It sounds like running and setting lava and steam among the melting ice floes...

-Control: Sentiment- -Control: Sentiment-

Interesting, reminds me a bit of an old MOD tune, "star technologies".

This Won't Last (DEMO) This Won't Last (DEMO)

I don't understand this to be punk, but it's quite nice for that. As you say it's kind of sketchy, sometimes your voice is too quiet to make out, sometimes it drowns out the guitar, and isn't always quite in sync, but as you say with some work this could be quite interesting. Keep chipping at it.

Keegs responds:

Yeah, I feel it. I only did three vocal passes so everything's pretty sketchy. But like I said, I only had a few hours to hammer this out! :p

-Endgame- -Endgame-

Very fun.

Night Chains 2 Night Chains 2

This is seriously impressive. Your mastering has improved a LOT since I last wrote a review. I like your instruments, melodies, and arrangements quite a lot. Your music seems to be leading in directions where before it kind of meandered around.

I just wish I understood why you refuse to stop adding monotone voice to everything you make. You've picked a nice voice artist but the way you've slapped it in there -- without rhyme or rhythm, drowning out and clashing with the music -- is really jarring and breaks up the rhythm. I kind of shut my ears off and wait for those parts to be over.

Without the voice, this would be a four-star, at least.

MyBrainBecameTechno responds:

ok fine then i just stick with my style of just placing voice in intros or on drone sounds.