Diggz Diggz

Things I liked about the game: The art, the music, the character designs, the voice work. Those appear to have more work put into them than the rest.

For the rest, it's a nice idea but there's trouble in execution as others have mentioned. It also has bugs. The 'R' key refuses to reload the level sometimes, which is particularly frustrating. And the music from the boss fights doesn't always end when the level does, leaving you with two songs playing.

There's very few platform elements to the game, making the running-around mode almost redundant. I'd have put some puzzle elements into the platform part -- you could do things like flip switches to open paths.

The first two boss battles (Haven't made it to the third yet) appear rather phoned-in. The boss robot looks unimpressive; it's a head and three squares. It doesn't even have any sound effects when its weapons fire, though the villain rants at you. You can't fight back even though you're a mole with drillhands driving a digging machine, you can only dodge and run.

It's also plagued by fridge logic. WHY does he have drill hands that can't drill anything!? Why can't he go through the level in the drilling machine that brought him there? (I'd have made it a fixed drilling machine, with a shaft to the surface, easy explanation.) Who left all the digging machine portals and millions of landmines? Why can't he just fire the turbos and outrun the boss battles? ...Why DON'T the turbos fire when he DOES outrun the boss battles?

Nonetheless, a simple and fun game, and I look forward to seeing what happens at the end if I can make it that far.

curtisscifres responds:

Thanks for all your input. The story will continue in other games and movies and more things will be clear in time. Thanks for your review and for playing!

[TC] A Theme of Ages [TC] A Theme of Ages

At first, I hated it.

It's very definitely "experimental" music. The 7:00 transition made me legitimately facepalm -- just when it finally picked a melody and got moving, it hangs itself? Until I realized this is as much story as melody.

The struggle of something to express itself? An idea shaped, reshaped, burned, buried, forgotten, rediscovered, and remade anew? I don't really know, but it makes me feel like I'm nine years old again, when I was playing with tape recorders, speakers, wires, and microphones and discovering a little truth about the 'magic'.

I listened all the way through, no mean feat at 3am on a workday, and now think it's brilliant. Even if not the sort of melody one puts on repeat to get them through the day.

-Theme Of Skyworld- -Theme Of Skyworld-

You definitely have put a ton of work into this one. The melody is very intricate with lots of interesting shifts. It reminds me of that ancient DOS game Skyroads.

-Dance-Off- -Dance-Off-

That's the longest I've heard you noodle around before turning something into Race Around the World again.

inside mothership inside mothership

A good start but it seems to lack something... The pillars of machinery seem to lack depth, as if you turned them sideways they'd be knife-thin. The vast space doesn't seem quite as vast for that unfortunately.

Antarctica II Antarctica II

The depth of field is amazing. Those prawn things especially, some in focus, some not :)

Desroxx II Desroxx II

Masterful use of perspective to suggest motion and depth of field, you can practically hear the 'swoosh'.